Monday, June 26, 2006

Psalms 91:11, 12, "For He shall give His angle charge over thee, to keep thee in all thyy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash

Rock, I know you're out there for I have the scarred shins to prove it. Your presence causes me to drag my feet cautiously across the ocean floor in fear of finding you.

Rock, I know exactly where you are in this dawn tide -- exactly where I am going. Between the beach and where I wade to fish, you hide within your wavy, secret den.

When my heart begins to race with the first cast, when I am feeling safe that nothing is in my way but sea and dawn and fish at last, that is when I dash my foot against you, Rock.

And then I hear you gurgle and laugh, "I gotcha!"

Dear Lord, forgive me when I get self-confident and race ahead to things I want. I need to learn to abide in your secret place because the rocks of life are there. But, God, when I sometimes forget, could You spare just one angel for and anxious fool like me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home